Chocolate Crunch Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Crunch Brownies in Country Woman January/February 1994, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Crunch Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2012
"Used cocoa krispies and was good."
Reviewed May. 30, 2012
"You can also use a box brownie mix, then add the marshmallows, and then the crispy topping in a pinch."