Chocolate Crunch Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Crunch Brownies
Sort By :
"I took the advise from another and used a boxed brownie mix, it worked out fine! I thought that using the entire jar of marshmallow cream was too much! All in all a very good recipe! Esp. if you have a sweet tooth!"
"Used cocoa krispies and was good."
"You can also use a box brownie mix, then add the marshmallows, and then the crispy topping in a pinch."
"So wonderful, very sweet. You can't eat just one. I need to make these again."
"I entered these delicious brownies in a "brownie contest" at work and won a day off. These brownies are always a hit whereever I take them."