Chocolate Croissants Recipe
- 12 unsliced croissants
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut a slit into the side of each croissant; fill with about 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, cream and vanilla.
- Dip croissants into egg mixture. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Croissants(4)
Sort By :
AMAZING!! I used miniature Hershey's bars and they worked perfectly. Also 9 min. was perfect amount of baking time. Top was wonderfully crunchy and bottom was not soggy. My sons loved them. I had cut recipe down but should have made two per person because they were so delicious we all wanted another!
This is a great recipe. My husband and children love it. I only made it on special occasions. I use small croissants.
Cook just a bit longer to avoid sogginess. It was a hit for my fam!!!
Added fresh raspberries after they were done baking and sprinkles with powdered sugar - YUM! You can omit the stuff you dip it in if you want a different taste that is quicker to make :)