Everyone at the table will feel special eating this scrumptious treat from Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah. Seemingly rich and decadent, these crepes are just 2 grams of fat per serving!
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- Reduced-fat whipped cream in a can
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, evaporated milk, egg whites and egg. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; set aside. Place water and 3-1/2 cups raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until pureed.
- Strain puree into cornstarch mixture and discard seeds. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour a scant 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread each crepe with 2 tablespoons sauce. Fold each crepe into quarters; place two crepes on each of eight individual plates. Top servings with remaining sauce and 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Garnish with remaining raspberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Crepes with Raspberry Sauce in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Crepes with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review