Chocolate Crepes with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Everyone at the table will feel special eating this scrumptious treat from Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah. Seemingly rich and decadent, these crepes are just 2 grams of fat per serving!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- Reduced-fat whipped cream in a can
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, evaporated milk, egg whites and egg. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; set aside. Place water and 3-1/2 cups raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until pureed.
- 3. Strain puree into cornstarch mixture and discard seeds. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour a scant 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- 5. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 6. Spread each crepe with 2 tablespoons sauce. Fold each crepe into quarters; place two crepes on each of eight individual plates. Top servings with remaining sauce and 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Garnish with remaining raspberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 203 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC