Chocolate Cream Torte Recipe
"This cake is so good, I can serve it as an everyday dessert or for special occasions," writes Dorothy Monroe, Pocatello, Idaho. Chocolate cake layers are jazzed up with whipped cream and a quick chocolate frosting.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- 3. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a third of the whipping cream. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top with cream cheese mixture. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Torte
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2013
"This is a family favorite often requested for birthdays. The frosting recipe makes enough to cover the whole cake."
Reviewed May. 15, 2010
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC