Chocolate Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add the flour and cocoa all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until set and browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream and strawberries. Fill bottom halves of puffs; replace tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.