"Our daughter and her boyfriend are both on restricted diets, so they appreciate having this yummy dessert for birthdays and other gatherings," relates Ronald Scorse of Snowflake, Arizona. "We all enjoy it."
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust.
- In another large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over the cream cheese. Top with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Pudding Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review