Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Whisk 1 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Pour warm filling into pastry shell. Cool for 1 hour. Chill until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 488 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.