Chocolate Cream Dessert Recipe
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 90 wafers)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), plain or with almonds, broken into pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vanilla crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over medium-low heat until chocolate and marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla; pour over crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and almonds if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 407 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.