- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 90 wafers)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), plain or with almonds, broken into pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; refrigerate until firm.
- In a large saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over medium-low heat until chocolate and marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream and vanilla; pour over crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and almonds if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Dessert
"this is good dessert. i used crushed golden oreos in place of vanilla wafers and added less margarine. i also used dreamwhip instead of whipping cream. Much healthier and tastier!"
"Could a Lite whipped topping be substituted for the whipped cream in this recipe for Chocolate Cream Dessert?"