Chocolate Cream Delight Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (1.3 ounces each) sugar-free cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mixes and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Spread half of the pudding over crust. Stir cream cheese into remaining pudding until smooth; gently spread over pudding layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Spread whipped topping over dessert. Sprinkle with pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Delight
"The top layer did not set well at all. Followed directions exactly, but it ended up like regular pudding, not very firm after setting in refrigerator overnight. I used a pre-made Oreo crust to save time."
"try 6 ww points plus. recalculate."
"This was extremely easy and tasted delicious.......my family loved it......great chocolate fix!"
"This was easy to make and truly "yummy"!"
"Doubled the recipe for a covered dish and didn't have any to take home. Be sure you make it plenty early so everything has time to set. It was fantastic!!"
"I made this for my Hannah Circle meeting. I have to make copies of the recipew as several ladies wanted it immediately! It was awesome!"
"Made this for my family using regular cooked pudding mix so I just needed one box and the 3 1/2 cups milk. For some reason the cream cheese didn't melt (blend) well into the top layer of pudding so there was lots of specks of white which didn't make the dessert look too nice but it was very yummy!!! My family didn't seem to like it which made more for me. I would def try this again for a group of women who I think will enjoy it."
"It figures out to be 3 plus points per serving"
"I'm confused. aren't you supposed to rate this recipe? not say it looks good or ask questions about the ingredients??"
"I'm going to make this - a good chocolate wafer counterpart are the Nilla Vanilla Nabisco Wafer Cookies - a basic plain chocolate cookie like the Nilla's. ;)"
"I would like to try this recipe, but am not sure what chocolate wafers are. Please tell me."
"Just have to make sure the whipped topping and pudding mix doesn't list partially hydrogenated oils/trans fats. I know the instant puddings do and the 'free' frozen whipped toppings do as well. Trans fats are not healthy in anybody's book."
"5 ww points"