Chocolate Cream Delight Recipe
“It’s wonderful to have so many sugar-free and reduced-fat products to work with today! " says Wanda Benda of Jackson, Minnesota. "This dreamy dessert satisfies our chocolate cravings and is easy to double for guests.” —
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (1.3 ounces each) sugar-free cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mixes and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Spread half of the pudding over crust. Stir cream cheese into remaining pudding until smooth; gently spread over pudding layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Spread whipped topping over dessert. Sprinkle with pecans. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC