Chocolate Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating icing, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using 20 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until cold.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Transfer pudding to bag. Using a wooden or metal skewer, poke a hole through bottom of cupcake liners. Push tip through hole and pipe filling into cupcakes.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and water. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. If desired, pipe designs on cupcakes. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
1 cupcake: 239 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
"These look adorable. Everyone raved about them when I brought them into work."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.