Chocolate Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating icing, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using 20 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until cold.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Transfer pudding to bag. Using a wooden or metal skewer, poke a hole through bottom of cupcake liners. Push tip through hole and pipe filling into cupcakes.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and water. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. If desired, pipe designs on cupcakes. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
"These look adorable. Everyone raved about them when I brought them into work."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.