Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
This dessert makes a cool and creamy finish to any meal. Since the pudding needs time to set, I usually start this first, then make the casserole and beans.Rhonda Hogan, Eugene, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust ( 9 inches)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk
- until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread evenly into
- In a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and remaining milk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over cream cheese
- mixture. Chill until set.
- Just before serving, garnish with remaining whipped topping and
- chocolate chips if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 381 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.