I got the recipe for these moist , filled cupcakes from a dear friend about 25 years ago. I have made them many times for my family and for church functions. They're irresistable. —Vivian Morris, Cleburne, Texas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and remaining sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk the water, oil and vinegar; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Drop filling by heaping tablespoonfuls into the center of each. Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and vanilla; beat until blended. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review