Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in extracts and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, butter, flour and vanilla until blended. Pour over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over filling. Cut through batter
- 3. with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- 4. Bake for at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
"I made the following changes: doubled the recipe, using a 9"x13" pan and baking for an additional 10 minutes or so, used a full 8-oz. brick of cream cheese, and substituted bittersweet chocolate for the German's sweet because that was all I had on hand. Really excellent!"
"This was horrible, barely edible. I should have known that 3 oz of cream cheese was not enough. It mixed all together while cooking making the brownies a light brown color. I think they meant 8 oz of cream cheese"
"I used semi sweet chocolate because that's what I had. These taste very moist and really hit the brownie flavor but I was semi disappointed there wasn't more cream cheese flavor but very good, I would make them again."
"These brownies are delicious. I did have to bake longer (7 min) and after cooling I had to put the center few (about 5) in the microwave. Great flavor, otherwise."
"I made this for the guys in our dorm (18 of them), and they ask for it all the time. Best brownie ever!"
"Very delicious and watch out for calories."
"These have to be THE best brownies I've ever made!! My kids loved them and so did I....I didn't want to share them :)"
"I've been making cream cheese brownies for a long time (and always looking for a better recipe) but this has to be the absolute best recipe I have EVER made! My search has come to an end, this will me my signature cream cheese brownie recipe from now on."
"I make this one over last year Xmas holidays. I'll do it again this holidays. Rich recipe is great for holidays like now."
"very good. =)delectable.They look goey when they come out of the oven, but they will harden up."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.