Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in extracts and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, butter, flour and vanilla until blended. Pour over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over filling. Cut through batter
- with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Bake for at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
Sort By :
I made the following changes: doubled the recipe, using a 9"x13" pan and baking for an additional 10 minutes or so, used a full 8-oz. brick of cream cheese, and substituted bittersweet chocolate for the German's sweet because that was all I had on hand. Really excellent!
This was horrible, barely edible. I should have known that 3 oz of cream cheese was not enough. It mixed all together while cooking making the brownies a light brown color. I think they meant 8 oz of cream cheese
I used semi sweet chocolate because that's what I had. These taste very moist and really hit the brownie flavor but I was semi disappointed there wasn't more cream cheese flavor but very good, I would make them again.
These brownies are delicious. I did have to bake longer (7 min) and after cooling I had to put the center few (about 5) in the microwave. Great flavor, otherwise.
I made this for the guys in our dorm (18 of them), and they ask for it all the time. Best brownie ever!