My grandmother gave me this tasty recipe when I was a girl. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of her huge kitchen and all the delicious treats she made. —Joan Lewis, Reno, Nevada
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, pecans, milk and butter. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. (If balls are too soft to dip, place in the freezer for a few minutes first.) Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Bonbons in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Bonbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review