- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, pecans, milk and butter. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. (If balls are too soft to dip, place in the freezer for a few minutes first.) Yield: about 6 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Bonbons
Sort By :
cant get enough of them!
My mother also made these and they are delicious! You can delete the pecans and add different extracts to the mixture like rum, cherry, maple,or peppermint. In addition, coconut can be rolled into mixture before dipping in chocolate.