Cranberries, raspberries and baking cocoa take ordinary cheesecake bars to a new level. The recipe makes a big batch so it's terrific for large gatherings.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional melted semisweet chocolate and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and cranberry juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and cocoa. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour berry mixture over crust.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Pour over top.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate and garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cran-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p162
Reviews for Chocolate Cran-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review