- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional melted semisweet chocolate and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and cranberry juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and cocoa. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour berry mixture over crust.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Pour over top.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate and garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cran-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p162
Reviews for Chocolate Cran-Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"These flavours are great together! If some are not a fan of the tartness of cranberries, just mash them a bit to combine with the raspberries. Has a festive look, and I will definitely make again."