- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 27 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- Striped chocolate kisses, optional
- Raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted vanilla chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16 in. x 16 in.). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, place chocolate chips in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips. Cool for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth and cool.
- Remove sides of pan. Spread glaze over the top and sides of cheesecake. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drizzle melted vanilla chips over cheesecake. Garnish with kisses and raspberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Covered White Cheesecake
"I made this and my whole family loved it!"
"This is at the TOP of our list for favorite cheesecake or dessert! Although it takes a lot of time, I make it for company. It's SO good. My husband LOVES it."
"Impressive and delicious!"
"I tried this recipe for Mother's Day and it was incredible!! My mom loved it and everyone raved over it. I used plain graham cracker crumbs and it was sooooo good! I have since had many requests for it and the recipe. I have lost count on how many times I have made it. I can tell you it's now on my table every Christmas. My mom asked me just yesterday if I would make it for her if she bought me the stuff. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this recipe! Thanks for sharing!@Molly, I have used both recipes simply because I used the cookbook the first time and lost the recipe so I looked it on the website. Both worked just fine....I prefer it with heavy whipping cream! Good luck!"
"Please help! The recipe on the website differs from the one in the cookbook (Best of County Cooking, 2001). The website recipe calls for using heavy cream in the filling, where the book does not. Also, the cooking time and process differs. Any thoughts?"
"AMAZING! I'm 16 and made this with my own decor on top and own 1st place in a cheesecake contest for presentation and 3rd for taste! Everyone RAVED over it and I was really popular around my friends and teachers!:)"