Chocolate-Covered White Cheesecake Recipe
The inside scoop on this tasty treat is the white chocolate center, which makes for an especially rich dessert appropriate for celebrating New Year's. Carol Staniger of Springdale, Arkansas serves it when company calls and at holiday meals.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 65 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 27 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- Striped chocolate kisses, optional
- Raspberries, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted vanilla chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16 in. x 16 in.). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 3. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For glaze, place chocolate chips in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips. Cool for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth and cool.
- 5. Remove sides of pan. Spread glaze over the top and sides of cheesecake. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 6. Drizzle melted vanilla chips over cheesecake. Garnish with kisses and raspberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 479 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC