Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal, raisins and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 188 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies
"Very good cookies. I used Special K cereal and mini chocolate chips because it was what I had at home. Everyone liked them. Yummy"