My family loves these moist, chewy cookies. They're a year-round treat at our house...a batch never lasts long.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal, raisins and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies in Country Extra May 1999, p51
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2014
"Very good cookies. I used Special K cereal and mini chocolate chips because it was what I had at home. Everyone liked them. Yummy"