Chocolate-Covered Prunes Recipe
We harvest prunes here on our farm, so that delicious fruit is a staple in our kitchen. While our grandchildren enjoy all the dishes I prepare, these little treats are their favorite.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
- 48 dried pitted plums (about 1 pound)
- 48 whole almonds or walnut halves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1. Stuff each plum with an almond or walnut half. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Add peanut butter; mix well. Dip prunes and place on waxed paper to harden. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Prunes
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"I made this recipe exactly as written and it was very good."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC