We harvest prunes here on our farm, so that delicious fruit is a staple in our kitchen. While our grandchildren enjoy all the dishes I prepare, these little treats are their favorite.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
- 48 dried pitted plums (about 1 pound)
- 48 whole almonds or walnut halves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Stuff each plum with an almond or walnut half. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Add peanut butter; mix well. Dip prunes and place on waxed paper to harden. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Prunes in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p65
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Prunes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"I made this recipe exactly as written and it was very good."