Chocolate-Covered Praline Chews
The contrasting milk chocolate and white candy coating make these chewy treats eye-catching...and they taste as good as they look.
36 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer
- reads 245° (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Gradually
- stir in the butter, milk and pecans. Continue cooking until
- temperature returns to 245°. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking
- sheets. Cool.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute;
- stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
- until smooth.
- Dip candies halfway into coating and allow excess to drip off. Place