- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 245° (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Gradually stir in the butter, milk and pecans. Continue cooking until temperature returns to 245°. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Cool.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip candies halfway into coating and allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip other half of each candy and allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Praline Chews in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p70
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Praline Chews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review