- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (4 ounces) BAKER'S® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 12 OREO® Cookies, coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered OREO Cookie Cake(5)
Sort By :
I love this cake! It was easy to make and tasted terrific. Made it for my grandson's birthday. His favorite cookie is an Oreo. He loved it and took a picture for his instagram account. I didn't use the crushed cookies for the center as I thought it looked more like and Oreo with out. The filling was tasty and not too sweet. Also for the icing on top, I just used about 1/2 of a tub of chocolate fudge frosting thinned with a bit of chocolate syrup. My grandson and all of his friends enjoyed it and there was a lovely slice leftover for my lunch. It was good the second day too!
Use unsalted butter for the chocolate topping so that it doesn't taste bitter.
Made this for my son's birthday, and it was good. Fairly easy. I used leftover frosting, melted slightly, for the top instead of the glaze. Thought the cream cheese filling could be just a little tastier. Vanilla? Lemon Juice? Over all, good recipe though.
This is the cake most requested by my family. I have made it with and without the crushed Oreos, depending on whether I have them on hand. The only change I make is that any time I use a cake mix, I ALWAYS add an extra egg and a small box of instant pudding mix to the cake mix for a more moist cake that is not crumbly.
This was a quick and easy cake that satisfied! Not too sweet, not too chocolatey, not too dense .... it really is a nice balance of everything. Any fans of cookies n' cream (like my husband!) will enjoy this cake.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cooking with PHILADELPHIA >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >