I've always liked to cook, and this cookie recipe was always a favorite of my eight children. Now it's a favorite of my 11 grandchildren.
- 1-3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 large marshmallows, halved
- 36 pecan halves
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 to 5 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Sift together flour, cocoa, salt and soda; set aside. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy; add the egg, vanilla and milk. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove cookies from the oven and top each with a marshmallow half. Return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat all frosting ingredients together. Spread frosting on each cookie and top with a pecan half. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Cookies in Country Extra November 1991, p51
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Marshmallow Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review