Chocolate-Covered Maraschino Cherry Cookies Recipe
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Pat cherries with paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cherry juice and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Insert a chocolate chip into each maraschino cherry. Wrap a tablespoon of dough around each cherry. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on wax paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Maraschino Cherry Cookies
Sort By :
"This is nice recipe. I tried this last weekend. It came out really well.."
"don't know why people had such a hard time with dough. I found it very easy to work with and the cookies were awesome my family always rates a new recipe and we gave it an A+"
"One of the best! A must every holiday season. Worth the little effort they take."
"These cookies are delicious! The prep work takes awhile so leave yourself plenty of time, but I promise that the end result is worth the work put in."
"Also, after wrapping the dough, gently roll it into a ball, it helps to keep the dough around the cherry."