Candy bars are the "secret" ingredient in these sweet chewy treats from Patricia Carmichael of Gibsons, British Columbia. "They taste great and are so quick to make," she informs.
- 4 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), cut up
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter; stir until blended. Stir in cereal. Pat into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Crispies in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p9
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review