Chocolate-Covered Coffee Beans
Two terrific flavorscoffee and chocolatecome together in this mouthwatering recipe from our Test Kitchen. Enjoy them as a snack or use them to top your favorite mocha desserts.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup coffee beans
- Baking cocoa, optional
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip coffee beans in chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll in cocoa if desired; let stand until set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon (calculated without baking cocoa) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.