Chocolate-Covered Cherry Pudding Cake Recipe
Growing up, I remember my grandfather cherishing the chocolate-covered cherries we’d bring him for Christmas. He passed away this past year, and I came up with this rich recipe in his honor. It’s delicious served with whipped topping. —Meredith Coe, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/3 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, oil, butter and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to sour cream mixture just until combined. Stir in cherries and chips. Pour into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cocoa. Stir in hot water until blended. Pour over the batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC