If you're a fan of the sweet-tart combination of chocolate covered cherries, you'll be first in line to indulge in this parfait version of the classic candy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 14 Black Forest Recipes
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups Elegant Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries and brandy. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon half of the mousse, cream mixture and cherries into four parfait glasses. Layer with remaining cream mixture, mousse and cherries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p61
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"Are you kidding? 42 grams of saturated fat?"