If you're a fan of the sweet-tart combination of chocolate covered cherries, you'll be first in line to indulge in this parfait version of the classic candy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups Elegant Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries and brandy. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon half of the mousse, cream mixture and cherries into four parfait glasses. Layer with remaining cream mixture, mousse and cherries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p61
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2013
"Are you kidding? 42 grams of saturated fat?"