Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies Recipe
Prefer sweet to salty? Susan Myers of Dublin, Ohio tops these chewy from-scratch brownies with mini marshmallows, maraschino cherries and a chocolate drizzle.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are soft but not browned. Sprinkle with cherries. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC