Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut cheesecake into 1-1/4-in. squares. Work with a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
- Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Spoon additional chocolate over the tops if necessary to coat. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 49 squares.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake Squares(24)
Sort By :
I made these for the Super Bowl. It was fun to have a bite-sized dessert that we could enjoy at any point in the day and was easy to serve up. I followed the directions and used 1/3 less fat cream cheese. I had no problems melting the chocolate - shortening is the thing to use and not butter (I've read the water in butter can make the chocolate seize up). I melted the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes - stir - and then go in 30 second increments at 50% power until it's all melted when I stir. My guests loved the treats!
I made these last night but I had a problem with melting the chocolate and the butter together (didn't have any shortening). After decimated a few villages of chocolate chips (ok it was alot) I finally got a batch to work by adding water. Just wondering if I should of just omitted the butter and just melted the chocolate? Other than the chocolate issue, these were super easy to make and I am sad that I have to share today at work.
These delicious cheesecake bites are a runaway hit in my crowd! I took one reviewer's suggestion and tweaked it a little, to spectacular results. Instead of swirling something extra into the batter for another layer of deliciousness, I spread seedless raspberry jam over top of the whole thing and froze it all together. People were so surprised (and happy!) to bite into that little extra bit of flavor!
Made this recipe with 1 minor change. I bought the chocolate for that comes in chips ready to melt. I did this because I didn't want to have to buy 2 ingredients for it as recipe suggested and this was faster and easier. Having said that (and I always use those chips and they work perfectly and taste delicious) I couldn't quite get the technique down to cover them in chocolate. I did a few but felt like I was using too much chocolate. I ended up just heavily drizzling them and they still looked fantastic and the taste is to die for. I will definitely make these for any event I may have. Fabulous!!! Oh, the chocolate I used was Dolci Frutta which can be bought at Ralphs or Food for Less. Other stores might also carry it but I know these places definitely carry it. Enjoy!
These cheesecake bites are a must-have on any Christmas cookie tray! I've been making them for several years, and they're always one of the most popular. They're time-consuming to make, but well-worth the time and effort. I suggest you be sure the cheesecake is frozen before dipping; I take no more than a dozen out of the freezer at one time for dipping.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >