- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips (about 1 pound)
- 12 wooden skewers (12 inches)
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Optional toppings: chopped dried apple chips, apricots and crystallized ginger, finely chopped pecans and pistachios, toasted coconut, kosher salt, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and coarsely ground black pepper
- Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skewer. Place on a rack in a large baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Combine chocolate chips and shortening; melt in a microwave and stir until smooth.
- With pastry brushes, coat bacon on both sides with melted coatings. Top each strip as desired. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Bacon
Sort By :
"So so good yummiest"
"Sweet and salty flavors go so well together and chocolate covered bacon is no exception! This is a fun recipe to make as you can experiment with different toppings. I used crystallized sugar to sprinkle on top of the bacon while the chocolate was setting which turned out to be pretty and delicious. I will definitely make this recipe again!"
"My family loves making these. They are the prefect combination of sweet and savory. These do take some work but when you set up stations it can be fun for all."
"You will not believe how incredible these taste until you make them!"
"I stumbled on to this flavor by mistake..I was making chocolates..and had some in my mouth..hubby wanted bacon..and I took a bite of his and the two combined in my mouth was wonderful.. so..I make turkey bacon..and reg.. and broke them in pieces.. and dipped them in milk chocolate put them on a pan covered with foill and t hey are great.. I didnt think about toppings..but next.. time..heck the sweet world is my oyster.. I love this..."