- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) Kraft caramel bits
- 1/4 cup water
- 42 pretzel rods
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine apricots and 2/3 cup pecans: set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramel bits with water, stirring constantly. Spoon caramel over two-thirds of each pretzel, rotating rods to coat all sides; allow excess caramel to drip off.
- Sprinkle caramel with apricot mixture. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In another heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chips with shortening, stirring constantly. Spoon chocolate over coated ends of pretzels; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Apricot-Pecan Pretzels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p74
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Apricot-Pecan Pretzels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review