Chocolate Cookie Torte Recipe
This recipe has been used many times in our family for get-togethers. It's easy to make and beautiful when served.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, yolk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Form into a long log; cut into eight equal pieces. Shape each into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Roll balls in additional sugar; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll each into a 6-in. circle. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; flip the circles onto ungreased baking sheets. Remove waxed paper; prick dough with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully loosen cookies and cool on paper towels.
- 3. For frosting, melt chocolate chips with half-and-half in a heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally. Cool. Combine whipped cream and vanilla; fold into chocolate mixture. Layer cookies, spreading 1/4 cup frosting between each layer. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles. Refrigerate overnight before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 606 calories, 39 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC