Chocolate Cookie Muffins Recipe
I'm always on the lookout for new ways to make muffins. This fun version includes crushed cream-filled chocolate cookies in the batter. They're a double treat - like eating muffins and cookies at the same time. -Jan Blue, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 16 Oreo cookies. coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chopped cookies. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and crushed cookies. Cut in the butter until crumbly; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips and shortening until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC