Chocolate Cookie Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 16 Oreo cookies. coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chopped cookies. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and crushed cookies. Cut in the butter until crumbly; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips and shortening until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Muffins(4)
Sort By :
These muffins are delicious! The top tends to be quite crumbly however, but the mufffins are moist and delectable! The crumbled oreo cookie inside and on top adds to the fun!
I skipped the white chip drizzle. The topping is very messy and the muffins stick to the papers. Very moist on the inside and, surprisingly, not TOO sweet.
Save your oreos to eat alone!
I was looking for a chocolate chip muffin recipe when I found this one. As I had some cookies handy that had been untouched for a while I thought I'd try this recipe. I used less cookies and more sugar and butter; I left off the topping aswell as no-one in my house likes icing. They were delicious! Thanks!