Chocolate Cookie Mousse Recipe
"I have family members who beg for this rich yummy dessert whenever I visit," notes Carol Mullaney of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It calls for just four ingredients, and it's handy to keep in the freezer for a special occasion."
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Crush 16 cookies; sprinkle into an 8-in. square dish. Drizzle with milk. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2/3 cup cream and chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peak form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread a third of the chocolate mixture over crushed cookies. Separate eight cookies; place over chocolate mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with remaining whole cookies. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 343 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Mousse
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC