Chocolate Cookie Mousse
"I have family members who beg for this rich yummy dessert whenever I visit," notes Carol Mullaney of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It calls for just four ingredients, and it's handy to keep in the freezer for a special occasion."
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Crush 16 cookies; sprinkle into an 8-in. square dish. Drizzle with
- milk. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2/3 cup cream and chocolate
- chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir; microwave
- 20-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth;
- cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peak form. Fold
- into chocolate mixture. Spread a third of the chocolate mixture over
- crushed cookies. Separate eight cookies; place over chocolate
- mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with
- remaining whole cookies. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw
- in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.