"I have family members who beg for this rich yummy dessert whenever I visit," notes Carol Mullaney of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It calls for just four ingredients, and it's handy to keep in the freezer for a special occasion."
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Crush 16 cookies; sprinkle into an 8-in. square dish. Drizzle with milk. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2/3 cup cream and chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peak form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread a third of the chocolate mixture over crushed cookies. Separate eight cookies; place over chocolate mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with remaining whole cookies. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Mousse in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p9
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review