"I have family members who beg for this rich yummy dessert whenever I visit," notes Carol Mullaney of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "It calls for just four ingredients, and it's handy to keep in the freezer for a special occasion."
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Crush 16 cookies; sprinkle into an 8-in. square dish. Drizzle with milk. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 2/3 cup cream and chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peak form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spread a third of the chocolate mixture over crushed cookies. Separate eight cookies; place over chocolate mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with remaining whole cookies. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Mousse in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p9
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2013
"This easy recipe will satisfy any chocolate lover's craving! The mousse was light and very chocolaty and the Oreo crust lent this dessert an extra special touch. I would definitely make this recipe again!"