- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Additional Oreo cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in cookie crumbs. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Cupcakes
"These cupcakes are great. I used birthday Oreos and I added extra. I also used cream cheese frosting and folded in crushed Oreos instead of sprinkling on top. I will be making these again."
"I'd prepared these cupcakes and I thank you, Mary Wiebe, for sharing this recipe! I found that when I prepared this recipe that the yield made 28! delowenstein"
"Grown kids and grandchildren loves this recipe. I loved that it was easy! I did make my own frosting though."
"They look beautiful"