I used to think cheesecake sounded intimidating, but since I started making them I can’t stop! This simple but special cookie-topped version will make your family feel fussed over. Seconds, anyone? —Rose Yoder, Middlebury, Indiana
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 coarsely chopped cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 2-1/4 cups), divided
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup chopped cookies. Pour into crust. Top with remaining chopped cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p64
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review