- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional Oreo cookies
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; stir in crushed cookies. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in cream until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Garnish with additional cookies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Cake
Sort By :
"Sofiesnana.......you could use tofu, or strained plain yogurt as substitutes for cream cheese."
"My kids loved this cake!"
"Haven't made yet. Wondering what I could use instead of 3oz. of Cream Cheese? Any ideas???? Looks very good though."
"Took this to work today and all my co-workers raved about it! (I think my boyfriend will be disappointed that there aren't any leftovers!) I didn't follow the frosting recipe, but rather just mixed 3 oz. of cream cheese into a tub of cool whip and added about a tablespoon of powdered sugar. Still turned out great! Also, instead of putting whole cookies on the top like the picture showed, I crumbled up some cookies and dusted the top - looked very pretty! Will definitely be making this one again! :)"
"This was a big hit at my bible study class. I've even shared it with other ladies that ask for the receipe.Thanks Taste of Home"