"This cake is a showstopper and tastes as good as it looks," says Renee Zimmer of Gig Harbor, Washington. "It's a quicker version of a favorite scratch cake. Using a boxed mix saves time when my schedule is hectic," she adds.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional Oreo cookies
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; stir in crushed cookies. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in cream until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost cake. Garnish with additional cookies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p44
Reviews for Chocolate Cookie Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review