Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cola
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cola
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and cola. Beat just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Coat a 7-in. tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter. Stir in enough cola to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 741 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake
"dry, dry, dry, this cake was nothing special."