Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cola
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cola
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and cola. Beat just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Coat a 7-in. tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter. Stir in enough cola to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p62
Reviews for Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2011
"dry, dry, dry, this cake was nothing special."