“This rich, delicious pound cake gets Southern flavor from pecans. This type of dessert is served at many Southern family reunions and potluck suppers,” writes Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina. “It's the perfect size for my husband and me.”
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cola
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cola
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and cola. Beat just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Coat a 7-in. tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter. Stir in enough cola to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p62
Reviews for Chocolate-Cola Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review